Empowering Indigenous people and businesses through building Australian Infrastructure.
Barpa is a proud and dynamic Australian Indigenous construction company.
We provide an Indigenous Construction Solution with the experience, resources and financial capacity to deliver both simple and complex construction projects nationwide.
Barpa’s success has increased Indigenous employment, along with opportunities for other Indigenous-owned businesses through a multipronged and layered approach to the use of Indigenous subcontractors and suppliers, both in the business, and on projects.
The company’s dividends flow back to our Indigenous majority owners to support initiatives that improve the health, wellbeing and prosperity of Indigenous Australians.
Barpa Pty Ltd is a majority Indigenous owned commercial construction company, certified by Supply Nation. The core of our business is the construction of technical and complex facilities, which incorporate innovative design. Many of these construction projects are managed within a live operational environment and require careful and detailed planning.
Our clients include various Federal and State Government departments, Universities, Councils, Not for Profits, Private Companies and Tier One contractors.
Barpa’s approach embodies the requirements and aims of the Federal Government’s Indigenous Procurement Policy (IPP), related state policies, and corporate Reconciliation Action Plans.
The company is an Indigenous joint venture between the majority owners, the Federation of Victorian Traditional Owner Corporations (51 per cent), and Icon, which provides expertise and additional staff to support Barpa’s growth and development.
The Federation is a collective 7 Traditional Owner corporations, which are beneficially owned by over 4000 Indigenous Australians, and Icon is Australia’s oldest Building firm.
With access to more than 750+ staff across Australia, Barpa can assemble the right project team with the appropriate skills for any commercial project.
We have seven offices in four states and two territories providing national coverage and full construction capability.
Our success is based on a collaborative approach that is built on our values of RESPECT to ensure the best project outcomes.
As an Indigenous business, Barpa is committed to making a positive difference for Australia’s first people and we embed this commitment in every part of our business by;
- Ensuring Traditional Owner engagement activities happen pre and during projects,
- Providing employment and career development opportunities for Indigenous people directly in our company or through associated trade contractors,
- Actively pursuing and developing Indigenous trade contractors,
- Utilising the Indigenous Business sector in our supply chain,
- Supporting Indigenous youth in pursuing a career in construction,
- Sponsoring Indigenous sports teams and community events as well as volunteering staff for Indigenous community projects.
Utilising its own capabilities and leveraging off Icon’s 150+ years of expertise in project delivery, Barpa has the experience, resources and financial capacity to deliver both simple and complex construction projects throughout Australia.
The success of Barpa enables the Federation to pursue its agenda, as determined by its communities including developing further economic opportunities, creating Indigenous employment, strengthening connection to country and culture, and increasing individual and community capacity.
Choosing Barpa for your next project guarantees:
- The engagement of a Supply Nation certified company and solution to meet your Indigenous procurement targets
- The strength of Icon’s award-winning construction expertise
- Advanced construction capability
- Respectful Indigenous engagement
- Dedicated training and employment opportunities for Indigenous people
- The support of Indigenous trade contractors and the Indigenous Business sector
- A quality project outcome that will be safely delivered on time
- Strong corporate governance and professional service delivery
Years of expertise in project delivery